Monday, March 4, 2013

Ends of the Earth

Nehemiah 1:9 But if you return to me and obey my commands and live by them, then even if you are exiled to the ends of the earth, I will bring you back to the place I have chosen for my name to be honored.’ God's people had forsaken His commands and because of it, they had been scattered from home. It must have been an extremely difficult existence for them, but God had a plan to bring them back. How far can you go, and still be within God's reach? Evidently, the ends of the earth are still within God's ability to rescue and restore! What hope this should bring to us when sin has damaged our intimacy with The Lord. As wonderful as this passage is, the New Covenant took it to a whole other level. Everyone had gone astray, but Christ went to great lengths to rescue us. It wasn't us who returned, it was He who came. His outstretched arms on the cross emphatically stated that He would go to the ends of the earth. The blood of God's Son has brought us to the place where His name can be honored. I'm so thankful to be a Christian.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jesus for reaching way down to pick me
    up ,your Grace is enough as Paul said I can stand strong because of your love and Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just meditating this morning on God's love. When I focus on His love it takes me to the place that nothing else can. I am also very thankful to be a Christian.

    ReplyDelete