Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Eyes of the Wise

Job 31:1 I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman. If we are to win the battle against the flesh, we must understand its weaknesses and tendencies. Now, more than ever, our world is filled with temptation. Advertisements use seduction and lust more than anything to capture our eyes, and to keep our attention while they try and sell to us their product. For them, it is just a way to keep us looking, but unfortunately, the temptation doesn't end when the commercial does. Our eyes are a gateway to our mind, and when we don't keep them in check, our mind can take an innocent look to a whole new level that ultimately leads to sin, which leads to more sin, which leads to destruction. Job was obviously a wise man that understood lust to be a sin that most often begins with a look. It would be wise for us to guard our eyes. No, we can't keep everything tempting from our sight, because of the multitude of opportunities that each day brings. But we can keep our eyes from gazing to the point of lust, and we can definitely choose to stay away from places or things where sin is just the turn of a page, or just a click away. With the help of the Holy Spirit, we can close our eyes to that which would tear us down, and instead we can choose to gaze upon Him.

3 comments:

  1. My everything is you Jesus ,only you can keep me pure. When I look the other way its then I'm pulled down and hurting ,our pastor guides us greatly as you lead him ,this is the down fall of the world ,sex, money ,and control. satin fell to his end by this , he said ,I can, I will ,and I will be like God he did not make it. never will ,Death Eternal is his ending .put blinders on my eyes that I can look straight to you My lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brοther suggested I might like thіs website.
    He waѕ tοtally right. This post
    actuallу made my ԁay. You сan not imagіne juѕt
    how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    Feel fгee to ѵіsit my webѕіtе - AmeгicasCardRoоm Offer **

    ReplyDelete