Thursday, April 11, 2013

Who Possesses Me

Job 1:12 “All right, you may test him,” the LORD said to Satan. “Do whatever you want with everything he possesses, but don’t harm him physically.” So Satan left the LORD’s presence. After the accuser Satan had his meeting with God, Job's life turned upside down. God gave Satan permission to invade the life of Job with a series of disasters. Messenger after messenger brought increasingly bad news until Job had lost almost everything. I honestly can't say how I would react to a day like that. I would like to think that I would, like Job, worship The Lord who gives and also takes away. I would like to think so, but having never faced it, I can't say it with complete confidence. Having said that, I really don't think that the purpose of this book is to determine if I would hold onto God in the midst of great trial. I believe that hope is found, not in our holding onto Him, but in His holding onto us. I am not defined by my possessions, but rather by Who possesses me! Because of that, just like Job, I have a guaranteed happy ending to my life's story.

1 comment:

  1. Although we as a family have not lost near as much as brother Job did,when we are tested as we have been I have discovered that God is still God as he did.Thank You Jesus that you are the great Redeemer. We need You so much Lord.

    ReplyDelete