Monday, February 18, 2013

Open Up

2 Chronicles 29:3 In the very first month of the first year of his reign, Hezekiah reopened the doors of the Temple of the LORD and repaired them. Hezekiah started his reign as king in the right way, by reopening the Temple of The Lord. When I read this text, I wonder how it could apply to us as New Covenant believers. Here is what I believe that God can teach us through this passage: The Bible teaches us that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians 6:19. This means that instead of a building, it is us that God chooses to dwell in, and can do so only because of the blood of Jesus Christ that cleansed us. So now, think of what opening the doors of the Temple could mean for us. To me, it speaks of prayer and fellowship with God. Even though I am the Temple, I can choose to neglect my relationship and cut off my fellowship with the Spirit of God. It also speaks of sharing God with others through my testimony, love and servant hood. If I am the Temple, then that means that I need to open up to sharing who God is by my life and witness through the Spirit. That leads us to discovering the need for restoration. You see, Hezekiah also repaired the doors of the Temple. Many times, we allow hurts to damage us to the extent to where we close the doors in our heart that allow God's presence in, and also allow His presence to minister to others through us. When this is the case, the path to repair and restoration is the same........open up! Open up your doors and welcome the Spirit to flow in and out. Before you know it, your broken places will be restored, and God will use you to lead others to Him. You are the Temple, open up!

No comments:

Post a Comment