Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Learning to Know

1 Chronicles 28:9 And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. What an encouraging word that David gave to his son Solomon. We would all do well to follow this plan for success. There is so much to learn of God. It is a never ending process. I know Him greater today than I did twenty years ago, but still I know only a small portion of His magnificience! My knowledge of His grace and love has increased every day that I have served Him, but there are yet more riches yet to be discovered of my Lord. An intimate relationship is what we should all desire. To be filled with love and passion for Christ, to get goose bumps at the thought of Him, to yearn and long for our daily time spent in His presence. To know Him intimately leads to worshiping and serving with a sincere heart and willing mind, and seeking Him always leads to finding Him, which always leads to loving Him more. Lord, I pray that I never get too old old to learn more about You!

1 comment:

  1. I honestly love to live for this. Just to be with Him every second of everyday. I am alive in His presence like never before! My time with Him is so precious and important. I want more!

    ReplyDelete