Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Don't Trust in Numbers

1 Chronicles 21:1 Satan rose up against Israel and caused David to take a census of the people of Israel. It was all about motive. Taking a census wasn't wrong in itself. but it was David's motives that made it a sin. David was gaining security from the number of his mighty army, but God had never used numbers to win against Israel's enemies. The history of Israel is full of victories that came when they were outnumbered. Most of their enemies had greater weapons and more sophisticated means, but Israel had God, and they trusted Him. It's the way God wanted it. As a matter of fact, God was known for cutting down the size of troops if needed just to get Israel to trust in Him instead of men. You can ask Gideon about how that worked out (Judges 7:7)! A big army wasn't necessarily the problem, but replacing God definitely is. Are there areas in your life where you are comfortable enough to walk without faith? Pray today that God will help you see that security is found in Him, not in numbers. "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the Lord our God." (Psalm 20:7 NKJV)

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about this subject brings me to tears. I have struggled with trusting people and even God. I am ashamed of it at times even though I know that God still loves me just the same. But, seeing that David must have struggled with it as well kinda makes me feel better. I can relate to David so much. I am so glad that it's all about Him and not about me!

    ReplyDelete