Friday, December 7, 2012

It's Just Natural

2 Kings 6:5, 6 But as one of them was cutting a tree, his ax head fell into the river. “Oh, sir!” he cried. “It was a borrowed ax!” “Where did it fall?” the man of God asked. When he showed him the place, Elisha cut a stick and threw it into the water at that spot. Then the ax head floated to the surface. It's just natural for an axe head to sink in water. There is a law that demands it. But when God is thrown into the equation, natural becomes supernatural! In the same way, it's natural for us to sin. It's what sinners do. The law of sin and death is strong (Romans 8:2), and everyone is under its power. There is, however, a solution! We need to bring God into the equation, and when we do, the law of the Spirit of Life sets us free from the law of sin and death. Even more miraculous than an axe head floating to the surface of the water is a sinner whose desires are changed, and the penalty of sin removed. We serve a supernatural God!

3 comments:

  1. I have always been intrigued by these verses of scriptures. I geuss the simple answer is the one that is harder to spot for me. As simple of a man that I am, I am always trying to see deeper truths rather than simple ones. However, this truth is nonetheless powerful in it's simplicity! A changed heart is so beautiful! It's what real men and women are made out of. The supernatural God ,Jesus Christ, makes beauty from ashes! He takes the ugly,nasty, stinkiness of our sin and makes something beautiful out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you God for you are our supernatural loving Father ready that no one should fall away, and o what a saver the song says , he shed his life's Blood for you and me , OK so I got off the subject
    or did I

    ReplyDelete
  3. fixed my finger I only made one post

    ReplyDelete