Wednesday, December 5, 2012

His Way is Better

2 Kings 5:10, 11 But Elisha sent a messenger out to him with this message: “Go and wash yourself seven times in the Jordan River. Then your skin will be restored, and you will be healed of your leprosy.” But Naaman became angry and stalked away. “I thought he would certainly come out to meet me!” he said. “I expected him to wave his hand over the leprosy and call on the name of the LORD his God and heal me! I want it my way! That was basically what Naaman was saying. Naaman was an important person, and he expected better treatment than what he got. His problem was pride, and God was providing a remedy for his pride and his leprosy. The Jordan River wasn't the cleanest of rivers, and it would take a great deal of humbleness for a man of his stature to lower himself to obey the prophet 's command. After some more thought, and a little help from his servant, Naaman decided that being healed was more important than being proud. The result of his obedience was skin like a baby, free of leprosy, and a newfound respect for the prophet and The Lord. God still does amazing things today, so we should ask Him with faith believing. But don't be surprised if God doesn't do it your way, instead you should be thankful that He doesn't, because His way is much better!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. God has lead me here a few times. One thing that stands out is that Naaman was a general in the army that was fighting God's people. I'm not sure what the total background is, but it just amazes me that God would heal someone who is His enemy.But, we were His enemy and He healed us as well! Another picture of Jesus Christ! What a Savior!

    ReplyDelete