Monday, July 29, 2013

From He is to You are

Psalm 3:3 But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. God is everything that we need in life. When your enemies surround you, and you need to find that shied of safety and security, He is! When you can't seem to do anything right, and you need the righteousness and glory of The Lord, He is! When life has beat you up, and let you down until your head is hanging low, He is the One who can lift your spirits and your outlook. He is all of this and more, but I don't want to settle for knowing that He is. I want to make it personal. I want to say, like David said, "Lord You are a shield.....You are my glory.....You are the lifter of my head!" David didn't focus on his enemies, even though he could have. He recognized that there were plenty of people and powers that were against him, and in the midsts of them all he declared "But You, O Lord"! I challenge you today to move your faith to a whole new level from "He is" to "You are"!

1 comment:

  1. Yes pastor ,thank you Lord for all you have given into my hand ,how about the beautiful family you have entrusted to me , I feel like I fall every day and your lovely Hand holds me into possession.
    My wife, enough said she sings herself to sleep each night and the same when awaking , she looks in the mirror to fix her hair ,and sees she is already beautiful and my sons and grand children
    and their Moms are as pretty as the children , I will need to finish this later Love all jim

    ReplyDelete