Thursday, April 25, 2013

Deep Hope

Job 19:25, 26 “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! Hope can't be faked. It can't be bought, or stolen. Hope is precious, more valuable than diamonds. Job was robbed of everything that he had. Everything except his hope in God. His hope in God ran deep. Deeper than material possessions. Deeper than livestock and houses. Even deeper than flesh and blood. His hope ran deeper than the grave! To me, this is where the battle was won. This is where the devil must have realized that this whole Job experiment would not pan out the way he wanted it to. After losing it all, and even facing his own mortality, Job still had the faith to recognize that his Redeemer was alive, and had the power to give Job a new body in the resurrection. Job's hope was in the resurrection! He would not hang his hat on finding hope in this life, because that would only lead to misery (1 Corinthians 15:19). Job understood that losing it all in this life would one day be a distant memory, and would be long forgotten in the presence of the Creator for eternity. How deep is your hope? I pray that it runs deeper than life!

2 comments:

  1. The best words ever written , because when we truly know him our creator that's all we want is our Redeemer.great my pastor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that I never loose everything like Job but I do pray that if God chooses I am found with His hope for REdemption!

    ReplyDelete