Thursday, January 10, 2013

Where God Can Bring You From

1 Chronicles 17:7 “Now go and say to my servant David, ‘This is what the LORD of Heaven’s Armies has declared: I took you from tending sheep in the pasture and selected you to be the leader of my people Israel. It's amazing to see where God can bring a person from. David is one of the most well known people in the history of the world, but as a kid, you would have found him in a pasture leading sheep! It might have been a mundane job for most, but David did it with all his heart. He built a very strong relationship with God in those fields, and he placed his own life on the line on more than one occasion for his flock. While no one else was noticing David's integrity and diligence, God was not only noticing, He was shaping and molding David to transition from leading sheep to leading a nation. Now that transition had a few challenges, namely Goliath and even Saul, but this little shepherd boy who used to sit on boulders playing his harp, would eventually sit upon a throne! Yes, God can bring someone from a mighty long way. Maybe you are just getting started, or maybe you've been serving God for years. Either way, be faithful with where you are and I know that God will bring you a long way too!

1 comment:

  1. I am fresh in leading a major ministry and I can identify with David. It is difficult at times to lead. I am not sure if I want to lead nations though! Sometimes just leading my children is overwhelming enough! And people can be people if you know what I mean!LOL! I am captured by God's grace and there is nothing to do but serve Him! After counting the cost, I still see His blood and that's enough for me!

    ReplyDelete